Friday 25 March 2011

Life changing mind set.


As a teenager and a young adult I was not a very confident person.  I did my sports and was quite good at what I was doing but I was shy and not confident at all. My family moved from Poland to Austria when I was 17 years old. I couldn’t speak German and I didn’t make any new friends, I was shy and didn’t want to say anything wrong even after I learned a bit of German. At the age of 19 we had moved again this time to South Africa and the same thing happened, I couldn’t speak English. I didn’t know anybody, I was shy, and on top of this my family didn’t have much money. We couldn’t afford to live in a nice house and didn’t have any luxuries.  I wanted to continue with my sport and found a Karate school – Seido Karate, I just kept training. This was my escape from reality and I just loved my training.
 As far as I was concerned this was all there was to life. I started working and I was supporting myself but I felt like I was stuck in Johannesburg. I didn’t think that there was a way for me to travel anywhere or move to another country.
I have followed my interest in mind power, meditation and spiritual healing. I have attended many workshops and seminars but one of the short courses was only a one day course that totally changed my mindset and possibly the rest of my life. It was a fire walk. We did a full day of meditation and work on motivation and at the end of the day we walked on burning coals. The walk was eight meters long. Every one of us stood at the beginning of the walk, and then we just walked on red hot burning coals. I didn’t burn my feet and the rush I got from this experience was amazing. It totally changed my mind set. My new way of thinking was if I can do this I can do anything.
This was long before my mother passed away. A few months after the fire walk experience I travelled to Poland for the first time in nine years. Once again I was in a situation where I was changing jobs, didn’t have any money and to make things worse my landlord sold the apartment I was renting and I didn’t have anywhere to move to. Finding a safe and cheap place to rent in Johannesburg is a challenging task, and unless you know someone the chances of finding something good are slim. I had only one thing on my mind. I knew what my goal was and concentrated all my energy on my trip. Everything worked out in an amazing way and in only four weeks from me making the decision I was sitting on a plane. I had confirmed to myself that the way to achieve anything is to concentrate on your goal, concentrate on the final destination and everything in between just happens. 
Million dollars – 83 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment